Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Decision Made for Me

"Hi, my name is Kipp and I'm looking for a human. Preferably one that LOVES puppies and will play with me all. the. time. I am quite the fearless pup--I like to sniff EVERYTHING, stroll out on the dock and gaze at the water, and I'm super curious when other people walk by. Especially if they too have pups.

What's there to know about me? Well, I'm pretty awesome (not to toot my own horn) and adorable. I learn just about as quickly as I grow. I may be young, but don't underestimate me! I already recognize my bedroom (crate), I can sleep on my own bed without getting into trouble at night, I don't have (many) accidents, and I learned how to fetch the other day!

Chew toys are my favorite. Scratch that. CHEWING is my favorite! But I won't chew my owner's shoes. Don't get me wrong, I like to play on them-- I like to play on my owner-- but that's just because I love humans. Humans are the best. Especially when they feed you and play with you and give you ear scratches and belly rubs... I could go on forever and ever!

Don't I sound great? I may be your soulmate. Who knows? Please give me a chance to love you! Did I mention I love humans?"

I'm so glad I answered Kipp's personal ad. It's an interesting story how I ended up adopting Kipp (formerly Colin) from MSRH just three weeks ago, and it was entirely NOT my idea initially. That's not to say that I was not in the market for a dog, but just not one from Texas, being that I reside in Central Virginia.

A few months earlier, I had decided to take a trip to visit my cousin, who currently studies at Texas A&M. My mom got word of the trip, and after stumbling upon the MSRH website, asked me if I could pick up the adorable Soffee for her stating she "pays well." As an addendum, she signed off, "And Colin for you..." It wasn't until I got her on the phone that I realized she was serious about Soffee, and by that time I had already fallen in love with Kipp (Colin) myself. I'm 100% sure she was not 100% serious about me adopting Kipp, but you can't just send an adorable puppy picture to someone looking for a puppy and expect them not to take the bait.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and several emails--one that ended with me in tears thinking I would not be united with Kipp--and I was meeting Marilyn at a vet in Houston, getting the pups' travel health certifications and prepping them for the plane ride back to Virginia. And now I can proudly say: I have a puppy! (And my mom now has three miniature schnauzers...)

I may have only known this little fellow for 3 weeks of his short 3 1/2 month life, but I know I made the right decision. Kipp has so much spunk--he's so quirky and full of energy, and honestly, he takes after his "mom." And as his mom, I'm quite the proud parent. I constantly show him off (or his picture, rather), and to be honest, I would put his artwork on my fridge if he was capable of such things. Kipp is just what I needed, and best of all, I now have a running partner!

The happiest of New Years, thanks to MSRH-- Love, Liz & Kipp!
File #1 20131231_194916.jpg exceeds the maximum file size. Error: 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment