Sunday, August 8, 2010

Jake and Tiger

Mom and I adopted Jake(formerly Dayton) in November 2009 after losing our Beau to cancer. We saw him at Barktoberfest earlier that fall, but weren't serious about adopting at the time, but when he was still on the website in November, we arranged to go meet him. It was love at first sight, and he was oerfectly trained as we found out when he came home and patiently waited for us to tell him it was OK to eat, jump on the bed, jump on the furniture, etc... He is an absolute angel . We have spoiled him rotten. He sleeps with me, sits on the couch and watches TV (he really does watch!!), and fetches the frisbee and actually brings it back to me every time! Well after about 4 months, we decided to adopt a companion for Jake, so we went to Sherry's home with Jake in tow to find a perfect match! Mom and I had picked a cute white female about Jake's age. Sherry brought her out and no chemistry there. They just ignored each other. So after going through about nine different m
inis, Sherry said she had one more, but it was a 6 month old black male. We said we would give him a try, thinking we really hadn't planned on a puppy. Of course it was an instant bond between Jake and Tiger (formerly Buddy). We couldn't say no. It has been endless fun and games between the two of them and my cat. Tiger really is adorable. We don't exactly know what he is mixed with, but he definitely has the schnauzer bark. The two of them play all day, and actually sleep like babies all night long. They don't move until I give them their morning massage. I can't describe in words how much they mean to me and my family. We are so grateful to MSRH for all they do to help so many precious babies. Thanks for being there!

No comments:

Post a Comment